Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Fourth Pregnancy Test

The only plus about the bogus pregnancy test was I got to share a very special moment with my sister, Amanda.  The day dragged on yesterday, but finally it was time to leave and I jumped in my car and couldn't get to my Mom's house any faster.  Amanda was waiting there for me with a plastic cup in hand and ordered me upstairs.  I took the test and we anxiously waited outside the bathroom for the test to finish.  This was my first time having someone else there, so it was nice to not be the only one pacing about.  She went in to check on the test, and came out of the bathroom with it in hand and smiling, so I assumed it said "pregnant".  She asked if I wanted to know and showed me the test and it did say "pregnant".  We hugged (and cried!) and were just both relieved.  Amanda said she had a dream 2 nights prior that woke her up at 4 am that I had taken a pregnancy test that came back positive so she had a feeling I was in fact pregnant.  I took a picture of the test and we hid the evidence since my parents would be coming home any minute.  The best part is we were surrounded by a 1 and 3 year old and neither of them had any clue what was going on.

Tyler didn't come over until later for dinner.  Everyone was already there (my parents, Marianne & Andy) since we were having our last meal together before Amanda and the kids went back home to Indiana.  When Tyler went to get a beer in the basement, I followed him and showed him a picture of the test that said "pregnant".  Once he realized what he was looking at, his eyebrows raised (in a shocked and surprised way) and he gave me a hug and a kiss.  And we both said, well it's done now!  We were both really kind of shocked, and I still don't think it has set in.

The rest of the evening, Amanda and I continued to talk in code, which I don't think anyone else caught on.  I've got some calls to make to the doctor, and a bunch of things to read on what I can/can't eat, use, etc.  I was really happy to have shared that special moment with my sister since she has been there a lot for me in the last few months that we have been trying to get pregnant.  What a great memory!


No comments:

Post a Comment